- Bachelor of Engineering (Structural and Civil), University of Ferrara.
- Master of Engineering (Structural and Civil), University of Ferrara.
- Optimised buildability, construction program and cost of the structure. Use of the most efficient combination of materials to achieve a cost-effective structural solution.
- Extensive suspended slabs knowledge enabling review for cost-effective alternative solution.
- Long span slabs and roof structures.
- Extensive floor post-tension experiences.
- Acute understanding of all costs associated with different structural systems and influence in the construction program.
- Clever engineering of vertical structures to eliminate transfers without compromising the architectural intent.
- Experience in high rise construction engineering thereby reducing time to market.
- Extensive experiences in deep basement and top down construction.
- Extensive temporary works design experience.
- Clever design solution for slender high rise towers to ensure occupant comfort.
Professional Registrations and Affiliations
- Member, Institution of Engineers, Australia (MIEAust)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Fellow of Engineers Australia, Engineers Australia (FIEAust)
- APEC Engineer IntPE (Aus)
- Engineer Executive, Engineers Australia (EngExec)
- The Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ)
- National Professional Engineer Register (NER)
- Member of the Institute of Structural Engineers Italy
- Member of Australian Steel Institute
- Member of Concrete Institute of Australia
About Matteo Tirapelle
Managing Director, Structural Manager (BEng . MEng . MIEAust . MIEIta . CPEng . NER) Matteo is a Structural Chartered Professional Engineer with more than a decade of design experience in the Australian construction industry. A 40Under40 Award recipient and Fellow of Engineers Australia, he is driven by creativity, curiosity and communication in the pursuit of engineering excellence. Matteo launched Hera in 2014, determined to create a new engineering consultancy approach that focussed on cutting edge and sustainable design solutions over the prioritisation of profit. Despite launching in a depressed market, Hera has grown from strength to strength, with over 20 staff and three offices across Australia. Hera has earned a solid reputation for delivering exceptional work on a wide range of projects, generating significant savings in project cost and time. It has rapidly built a loyal client base, fast becoming one of the most trusted structural consultants in Australia. As well as leading his team, Matteo specialises in the structural design and project management of high rise commercial and residential towers, hotels, industrial buildings, façades, long-span structures and complex temporary works. His projects include Matteo is renowned for his ability to “think differently” and for his fervent passion for engineering. He is a skilled problem-solver with a strong focus on combining best buildability and cost efficiency. He is at the front of the pack of research, sustainable developments and innovative alternatives. His commitment to sustainability includes striving to build greener, reducing concrete and steel and using more recycled material.