Hera Engineering provided structural design engineering services for the conversion of an existing brick and timber warehouse into a new modern Bunnings Store in Osborne Park.
Key structural challenges included:
- Assessment of existing timber roof condition and strengthening recommendations to support new heavy mechanical units.
- Strengthening of existing masonry structure.
- General strengthening of structure where required.
- Temporary underpinning of existing structure for construction of new stormwater tanks.
- Design of new retaining wall directly adjacent an existing driveway.
Design of new external canopy and interaction with existing structure.
The construction budget for this project was incredibly tight and hence all structural design needed to be extremely refined and constant contact with the builder was essential to keep project costs under budget.